When you are relocating to Las Vegas, you might not be able to bring all the items with you. For this reason, you should find some good storage units. There you can store your items for as long as you want. They will be well protected in your storage unit. However, you cannot rely only on your storage. You have to ensure the safety of your items. For this reason, get the right storage boxes. If you do not know how to find the right storage boxes, do not worry. Read the article and you will find out which boxes you should choose.
Where to find the right storage boxes
You can ask your moving company for moving boxes that you can use for storage as well. As you are hiring a moving company, make sure it is reliable. You can achieve this by checking if they have a license issued by the FMSCA. In addition to this, ask your local markets. Search on Google for storage boxes. Ask in your local Facebook group or your friends and family. If you are getting the used boxes, make sure they are in good condition.
The right storage boxes – box types
As you might know, there are several box types. Here are all of them that you can use for your storage.
- Cardboard boxes – the most common boxes. They offer good protection. However, there are not the most practical if your storage is not climate-controlled. They can get wet, thus destroying your items. Cardboard attracts pests which again is not good for your items. Use them only for sturdy items and in a climate-controlled unit.
- Plastic bins – the best for units that are not climate-controlled. They offer great protection against mold, pests, dampness, and so on. In addition to this, they come with a lid that you can use to close the bin.
- Specialty boxes – for fragile and valuable items, use specialty boxes. These boxes are designed specifically for a certain type of item. Therefore, your items will fit perfectly inside.
You also need to consider the sizes for the right storage boxes. You can use these boxes for your move as well. Representatives from your moving company North Las Vegas will tell you to get boxes in different sizes.
- Small boxes – 16 x 12.5 x 12.5 – perfect for small items such as books, dishes, vases, pictures, and so on. They can hold up to 60 pounds but do not go over 50.
- Medium boxes – 18 x 18 x 16, for pots, toys, clothes, and similar items. These boxes can handle up to 65 pounds.
- Large boxes – 18 x 18 x 24, good for linens and blankets, bigger lamps, small kitchen appliances, and so on. They have the same capacity as medium boxes so do not overpack.
- Extra-large boxes – 24 x 18 x 24 for everything that cannot fit inside the smaller boxes. Do not go over 70 pounds.
- Wardrobe boxes – for all the large items.